11. Ten reasons I like being single
I’m 36, I’m single and I’m learning.
I was inspired to write this list by Wendy Braitman’s post http://firstpersonsingular.org/2009/09/30/40-reasons-to-be-single/
Her post begins with this quotation: If you are afraid of loneliness, don’t marry
– from The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov Maybe Chekov was right?
So, here goes my list:
1. I can go where I want when I want.
2. His bad mood isn’t going to make my good mood bad.
3. I can sleep on both sides of the bed. And read all night long if I want to.
4. My work is my priority today. I don’t have to feel bad that I don’t feel bad about that.
5. I can be late if I want to be. Or early if I feel like it.
6. I can flirt if I want to.
7. I can dance around the house naked. Music blasting. To anything.
8. I can keep my own counsel.
9. I don’t have to explain my decisions – or purchases! – to anyone.
10. I can be me. Good, bad or ugly.
Wow that feels great.